Walking into Toronto’s new Healthwinds spa (650 Mount Pleasant Rd., 416-488-9545, healthwindsspas.com) is refreshing—owner Kailee Kline says she was inspired by the classic northern European spa experience, and it shows. The design is simple and sleek; there’s lots of white with bamboo accents, a clean-lined juice bar and a lounge complete with slate-grey water wall and modern fireplace.
Now, great interior design does not equal great skin, but the Eminence Organic facial does—it stars the Hungarian-made line of delicious-smelling, all-natural products (the spa also carries the sciency Swiss cell-based line Cellcosmet, and Guinot, from France). My aesthetician, Doreen, who has a fabulous Irish accent, applied a laundry list of Eminence products (including the Lemon Cleanser, Naseberry Treatment Cream, Rosehip Exfoliating Masque and Tomato Sun Cream), and showed off her skills with an incredible facial massage that does wonders for lymphatic drainage. At one point I asked if the cream she was using on my face had been in the fridge since it felt so cool and refreshing – it hadn’t, my senses were just heightened because my circulation was so stimulated.
As if that wasn’t enough Euro-inspired pampering, Healthwinds also offers a hydrotherapy treatment that involves 120 water and air jets to assist with fluid retention, stress and muscle pain and at least 16 hours of training for each staff member – direct from Baden-Baden in Germany.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Forget family heirlooms! Kate Middleton pairs a $40 Zara necklace with a Roland Mouret gown
- Introducing Gwen Stefani by OPI: From Swarovski nail art to a new mirror-finish polish, all the details on this collab
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Check out what you can win in our third annual holiday contest!
- Holiday makeup: 8 Beauty Panel tips on getting party-ready in a flash
- Best holiday nail art: 16 fun and festive tutorials that’ll make your nails shine