After cringing for an entire week at the sight of the inch-long roots reflected back at me from my bathroom mirror, I knew it was time to get my fix of blonde. So clearly, once I was ensconced in my long-time colourist Oskar Varela’s chair (from $120) it felt like coming home–even if it is my first time in his brand new eponymous salon, Oskar on Scollard (68 Scollard St., Lower West, 647-346-3306, oskaronscollard.com).
The space is furnished with antiques and crystal chandeliers and I nestled right in with a serving of delicious homemade goodies (compliments of Oskar’s chef wife, Tanya) and a cup of tea, ready for the long haul.
Following Oskar’s golden touch (and one of his famous après-colour shoulder massages), I sat down in head stylist Ethan’s chair for a superb hair cut ($100), while Whitney, the salon aesthetician, slipped a service menu into my hands. Using French skincare line G.M Collin, Whitney has many multiple aesthetic initiatives on offer, such as spa manicures ($35), customized facials (from $80) and Brazilians ($60). Other salon services: colour-specific deep-conditioning treatment with Indian scalp massage ($25), blowouts (from $40), conditioning and shine enhancing Moroccan Oil products, and the spa-quality, amaranth oil–infused SEAH hair care line from Schwarzkopf.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Beauty Fix: A super easy way to remove glitter nail polish, a fresh fragrance for spring and more
- Spring transition: 11 Style Panel tips for adding this season’s trends into your existing wardrobe
- This summer will be all about dark, vampy lipstick: Lorde is launching a makeup collab with M.A.C Cosmetics
- Behind the scenes with Evan McKie: Prepping for National Ballet’s Swan Lake
- Quelle surprise! Dior gains Peter Philips, Chanel’s former makeup director