Ah, the French manicure. Is there a beauty technique that’s more divisive? While there’s no denying that when done well and in moderation it’s a flattering look, its reputation has been tarnished by aggressive acrylics and—shudder—the growing popularity of French pedicures. So bring on the reinvention! This week we’re exploring new approaches to painting the tips of your nails. By changing up the colour and the shape, you’ll still achieve the optical illusion of longer nails—without the dated look of a conventional French mani.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Awards show hair and makeup: The Beauty Panel recreates their favourite red carpet looks
- Nail trends to know now: Essie’s Rita Remark reveals the top polish colours for 2014
- A Dozen Girls: Juergen Teller shoots Nicolas Ghesquière’s first collection for Louis Vuitton
- Street Style, Paris: 21 shots from outside the last day of fashion week
- Paris Fashion Week: The top 10 pieces you need to add to your shopping list for Fall 2014