Shiseido announced this morning that Jennifer Connelly will be their first ever global spokesperson—a decision that was made on the eve of the brand’s 140th anniversary. WWD reports that Connelly will make her Shiseido debut as the face of their Future Solution LX skincare line with an ad campaign this fall.
Connelly’s no stranger to representing luxury or beauty brands—in 2008 she was the face of Revlon and starred in an ad campaign for Balenciaga. And this new position actually serves as a bit of a homecoming: during her Labyrinth days in the ‘80s she appeared in a Shiseido ad campaign. The 41-year-old star has claimed she has been using their products ever since and, considering how naturally flawless Connelly’s skin looks, we can’t think of a better face to endorse the brand.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Quelle surprise! Dior gains Peter Philips, Chanel’s former makeup director
- 3D printing, epigenetics and telomeres: 3 futuristic areas inspiring high-performance anti-aging skincare
- Why Normcore? One writer confronts the anti-fashion trend (and its sister #ActingBasic)
- Canadian Screen Awards 2014: Our top 5 best dressed on the red carpet
- Instant Karma: Thomas Sabo takes destiny for a spin with Georgia May Jagger as the fact of its latest collection