We’re still pouring over all the red carpet pictures from last night’s Academy Awards but there were four hairstyles that stood out the very moment we saw them. Twitter exploded when Viola Davis stepped out with her natural hair and we have to agree—the cropped cut is stunning and the slight red colour takes her green dress to a whole new level. Stacy Keibler‘s makeup may have veered into “too tanned” territory, but her Old Hollywood hair was impeccable. The low side part was fixed in the back with a roll that blended into the rest of her waves perfectly—a trick we’ll certainly be copying in the future! Onto Jessica Chastain: based on the last time we saw her hair down, we’re guessing she was wearing extensions, but you would never know it. All extension-loving starlets need to find out who her hairstylist is, pronto! They were flawless, and the long, cascading curls were so elegant we’ll forgive her half-updo. And finally, if you can take a moment to stop admiring Gwyneth Paltrow‘s red-carpet cape, you’ll be equally impressed by her low-slung ponytail. From the front it had the appearance of a sleek faux bob, and from the back it was so sculpted and voluminous—but without a hint of the crown teasing that most other red-carpet ponies tend to acquire.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Enter now to win a luxe gift bundle from Holt Renfrew!
- Forget family heirlooms! Kate Middleton pairs a $40 Zara necklace with a Roland Mouret gown
- Introducing Gwen Stefani by OPI: From Swarovski nail art to a new mirror-finish polish, all the details on this collab
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Check out what you can win in our third annual holiday contest!
- Holiday makeup: 8 Beauty Panel tips on getting party-ready in a flash