Well, our vote for the biggest upset at this year’s Oscars has to be the makeup. From Michelle Williams’ usual routine of a glossed lip and lightly lined eye to Cameron Diaz’s typical pink lipstick, it seemed like almost all the top stars were playing it safe on the red carpet. Neutral shades and sheer nail polish abound! That being said, amongst all the usual suspects it’s still possible to find inspiration—like Rooney Mara’s perfect brows, Angelina Jolie’s flawless red lip, and Emma Stone’s all-over pink shimmer. We’ve rounded up five of our favourite beauty outliers from the red carpet and have behind-the-scenes tips from the makeup artists who created each look.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Carte Blanche: Toronto fashion hits Miami in this all-white exclusive photo shoot
- Toronto sample sales: December 2013′s enviable list of local designer discounts and pop-ups
- Kate Middleton wears a glittering tiara for a lavish white-tie reception with the Queen
- Inside Frocktail Party 2013: Chic guests bidding on chic clothes for a cause
- Try this now: How to get peach-pink hair just like Sienna Miller