We’re totally obsessed with Canada’s newest singing sensation Carly Rae Jepsen, and she certainly proved her it girl–worth at Sunday night’s Juno Awards. Jepsen’s shimmering, smoky makeup let her play the part of pop princess (can’t you picture her soon-to-be-BFF Selena Gomez in this makeup?) without betraying her age—she is 27, after all!
M.A.C Cosmetics’ senior artist Melissa Gibson used a trio of eyeshadows to build out this shimmering look, starting with “Silver Ring” and “Tilt,” a deep teal-blue, on Jepsen’s lids. She then applied the almost-pewter shade “Print” to the crease and “Carbon” on the outer lid for added depth. Blacktrack Fluidline eyeliner was applied to the top lashline, while a sweep of “Silver Ring” along the lower lashline gave it a smoky finish. Because the eyes were so strong, the rest of Jepsen’s look was appropriately neutral: her cheeks were defined with “Sculpt” from the Sculpt and Shape duo palette and the barely there lip colour was compliments of M.A.C’s lipstick in “Hue.”
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Quelle surprise! Dior gains Peter Philips, Chanel’s former makeup director
- 3D printing, epigenetics and telomeres: 3 futuristic areas inspiring high-performance anti-aging skincare
- Why Normcore? One writer confronts the anti-fashion trend (and its sister #ActingBasic)
- Canadian Screen Awards 2014: Our top 5 best dressed on the red carpet
- Instant Karma: Thomas Sabo takes destiny for a spin with Georgia May Jagger as the fact of its latest collection