We’re totally obsessed with Canada’s newest singing sensation Carly Rae Jepsen, and she certainly proved her it girl–worth at Sunday night’s Juno Awards. Jepsen’s shimmering, smoky makeup let her play the part of pop princess (can’t you picture her soon-to-be-BFF Selena Gomez in this makeup?) without betraying her age—she is 27, after all!
M.A.C Cosmetics’ senior artist Melissa Gibson used a trio of eyeshadows to build out this shimmering look, starting with “Silver Ring” and “Tilt,” a deep teal-blue, on Jepsen’s lids. She then applied the almost-pewter shade “Print” to the crease and “Carbon” on the outer lid for added depth. Blacktrack Fluidline eyeliner was applied to the top lashline, while a sweep of “Silver Ring” along the lower lashline gave it a smoky finish. Because the eyes were so strong, the rest of Jepsen’s look was appropriately neutral: her cheeks were defined with “Sculpt” from the Sculpt and Shape duo palette and the barely there lip colour was compliments of M.A.C’s lipstick in “Hue.”
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Enter now to win a luxe gift bundle from Holt Renfrew!
- Forget family heirlooms! Kate Middleton pairs a $40 Zara necklace with a Roland Mouret gown
- Introducing Gwen Stefani by OPI: From Swarovski nail art to a new mirror-finish polish, all the details on this collab
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Check out what you can win in our third annual holiday contest!
- Holiday makeup: 8 Beauty Panel tips on getting party-ready in a flash