Miley Cyrus has been keeping a low profile lately—the salacious headlines that used to follow her every move have disappeared and instead we’ve been treated with some pretty spectacular style moments. (She was beyond flawless at the Vanity Fair Oscar party, as pictured above.) And now it seems Cyrus is getting into our favourite trend: the nail art game. She’s been twitpic-ing her polish picks for a while, but yesterday she debuted a manicure that’s definitely next level.
Nail stylist Jenna Hipp, who did Cyrus’ mani, dubbed the look “ghost-like,” thanks to the barely-there colour and almost translucent tips. She used Kiss Press On nails (yet another sign that faux tips will be in high-demand by fall!) to give Cyrus the long, almond shape, and a non-toxic sticker held each in place. “Be nice to nails!” Hipp tweeted when describing the acrylic-free look. The colour is courtesy of HIPPxRGB, a line of polishes that are shaded to match a range of skin tones that Hipp designed in collaboration with RGB Cosmetics. Cyrus has one sheer coat of “T2” on—enough to give even coverage while keeping the colour perfectly translucent. We’re smitten with the end result, but what do you think? Is the ghost-like mani something you’ll try?
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Enter to win a T3 blow dryer and flatiron!
- Perfect party dresses under $100: 50 budget-friendly getups to take you through holiday season
- Street Style, Miami: 48 shots of stylish folks spotted around Art Basel 2013
- Wearing the grey trend: 9 Style Panel tips for adding some personality to fall’s favourite neutral
- Beauty Fix: How to heal your feet after a long night of wearing heels, a new trick for applying liquid liner and more