Runway to Real Life: How to do the almost-fluorescent-pink eyes, lips and cheeks from Viktor & Rolf Spring 2012
The ultra-girly “modern doll” look in Viktor & Rolf’s Spring 2012 collection was an unabashed celebration of sweetness and fun. Even better, the bright hues used throughout the collection were echoed in the beauty with fluttering fuchsia lashes and berry-stained lips. To make this look more appropriate for a day not spent on the runway, I created a slightly subdued but equally adorable and fanciful face. The eyes, cheeks and lips all used the same palette of bright, confectionary-appropriate pinks but without the theatrical embellishments of paper cateye cutouts and almost-neon lashes. That being said, it was impossible to resist the allure of a pair of bright pink falsies—which I added as a bonus at the end. Consider this: start the night off with the more subdued look, then pop on some pink lashes as you head out the door to a fabulous party.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Spring 2014 Must Haves: 3 instant updates that will bring your wardrobe into next season
- FASHION Magazine April 2014 cover: Cobie Smulders
- Florals for all: Sarah Stevenson’s Target collection revealed!
- Awards show hair and makeup: The Beauty Panel recreates their favourite red carpet looks
- Nail trends to know now: Essie’s Rita Remark reveals the top polish colours for 2014