There’s something about Resort collections that make them seem more dreamy than the rest. Perhaps it’s the whole “envisioning each item in its natural habitat”—you know, a private vila in the Mediterranean or on a yacht somewhere only the very rich or the very royal can sail to. Or perhaps it’s just because super pretty dresses are so common in Resort collections, such as the multi-coloured lace numbers designed by Valentino. The pastel patchwork of flowers—which come in both gown and short frock format—might be intended for winter months, but work just as well as a mid-summer manicure.
1. Taking a cue from the champagne-coloured mesh that these lace flowers sit upon, I used a shiny, clear base coat as the starting point for this design.<br />
2. You can use either a small nail art brush or a dotting tool (or both!) to paint on this manicure. Start with the colour you want to feature the most—in this case, it was a pepto-pink shade—and paint 2–3 blobs of it on each nail. I say “blob” because there's really no method to what shape they take on. <br />
3. Select your next polish colour and repeat step 2. Keep doing this for every colour you want to apply. Again, there's pretty much no way to mess this manicure up!<br />
4. Refer to the Valentino dress if you're unsure of how much of one colour to apply. For instance, there are fewer orange flowers than the pink ones, so paint accordingly!<br />
5. Finish off with a shiny top coat and you're done! Now, time to find someone with a yacht...
<b>Products used:<br />
Revlon</b> nail enamel in “Surf” (<i>$6, at drug stores</i>)<br />
<b>Nars</b> nail polish “Kutki” (<i>$21, <a href="http://www.narscosmetics.ca/color/nails/">narscosmetics.ca</a></i>)<br />
<b>M.A.C</b> Nail Lacquer in “Near Beth Experience” ($18, <a href="http://www.maccosmetics.com/">maccosmetics.com</a>)<br />
<b>M.A.C</b> Nail Lacquer in “Vagabondage” ($18, <a href="http://www.maccosmetics.com/">maccosmetics.com</a>)<br />
<b>Bourjois</b> So Laque Ultra Shine Nail Enamel in “Jaune Trendy” (<i>$10, at Shoppers Drug Mart</i>)<br />
<b>Avon</b> Speed Dry+ nail enamel in “Don't Be Jaded” ($7, <a href="http://shop.avon.ca/">shop.avon.ca</a>)<br />
<b>Sally Hansen</b> Complete Salon Manicure in “Polar Bare” (<i>$8, at drugstores</i>)