The Olympics are impressive for a variety of all reasons, but most of all for being the one event to turn even the most athletically disinclined into feverish sporting enthusiasts. Athletes replace celebrities in gossip circles, stringent co-workers suddenly have secret browser windows open to watch the games and, best of all, even Kate Middleton is involved! So once you’re done wrapping yourself up in Team Canada gear get your nails into the game with an Olympic-themed manicure.
1. After applying a base coat, paint each nail with an opaque white polish. Depending on how thick the coverage it, you may only need one coat.<br />
2. Time for the Olympic medals! Starting with the gold, paint around your entire nail, leaving an outline of white at the edges. (Just imagine your nail is suddenly smaller!) When painting the curve at the tip, it helps if you turn either your finger or your brush the opposite way.<br />
3. Repeat step 2 on your middle and ring finger with silver and bronze polish. The shades I used are all from <b>Essie</b>'s Mirror Metallics collection.<br />
4. With a striping brush and red polish, paint a maple leaf on your pinky and thumb. Take it slowly, painting the outline first and then filling it in. Don't worry: the maple leaf is tricky to draw on paper, so it takes a lot of practice to get it right on your nails!<br />
5. Lacquer it up with a top coat and you're done! Go Canada!