You can expect Yves Saint Laurent to pull out the big guns when it comes to fragrance campaigns (just think of Sophie Dahl’s infamous Opium ad), so it comes as no surprise that Jessica Chastain‘s campaign for Manifesto, YSL’s latest fragrance, is high-impact.
With Chastain’s impeccably done face and glove-like, purple-paint-covered hands front and centre against a stark white background, the Mert and Marcus-lensed campaign captures the pared-down femininity that Saint Laurent was famous for. The fragrance itself is described as a “woody floriental,” with notes of jasmine, white corollas, lily of the valley, blackcurrant, vanilla, tonka bean, cedar and sandalwood.
While European markets will be able to get their hands on Manifesto starting in September, those of us in North America will have to wait until March 2013. But there will be more from Chastian to make it worth the wait: she’ll star in a series of short films for the fragrance, shot by Drive director Nicolas Winding Refn.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Carte Blanche: Toronto fashion hits Miami in this all-white exclusive photo shoot
- Toronto sample sales: December 2013′s enviable list of local designer discounts and pop-ups
- Kate Middleton wears a glittering tiara for a lavish white-tie reception with the Queen
- Inside Frocktail Party 2013: Chic guests bidding on chic clothes for a cause
- Try this now: How to get peach-pink hair just like Sienna Miller