Beauty Fix: The trick to removing waterproof mascara, how to style a non-sporty ponytail and the best fragrance for fall
What’s the best way to remove waterproof mascara?
An excellent question, and anyone who has ever tried to remove waterproof mascara will know that the answer is not by using water and a basic cleanser! Waterproof mascara is comprised of ingredients that do not mix with or dissolve in water, but rather form a film to coat and emphasize each lash. Trying to remove the impermeable mascara with your usual facial cleanser will probably be an effort that doesn’t remove the mascara from lashes entirely and improper removal of waterproof mascara is a no-no because it can lead to lash loss. What you need in order to break down the polymer film is a dual-phase eye makeup remover, such as Lancôme Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye makeup remover ($35, sephora.com). It contains two fluids: a lipid fluid and a treatment water. When shaken up, applied to a cotton round and pressed onto the lashes, the two fluids work to simultaneously break down the mascara, remove it from lashes and treat the skin with emollients to prevent drying out the lashes and delicate eye area.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Awards show hair and makeup: The Beauty Panel recreates their favourite red carpet looks
- Nail trends to know now: Essie’s Rita Remark reveals the top polish colours for 2014
- A Dozen Girls: Juergen Teller shoots Nicolas Ghesquière’s first collection for Louis Vuitton
- Street Style, Paris: 21 shots from outside the last day of fashion week
- Paris Fashion Week: The top 10 pieces you need to add to your shopping list for Fall 2014