Dark Ages: Our October issue beauty shoot pays homage to this season’s dark heroine with crimson lips, oxblood nails and barely there brows
Crimson lips, oxblood nails and barely there brows and lashes are the perfect backdrop for one of Fall 2012′s biggest fashion trends: the dark heroine. Inspired by characters like Lisbeth Salander, Morticia Addams and even Snow White (likely of the Kristen Stewart variety), the look took hold at shows as different as Gucci and Viktor & Rolf, transforming models into vampiric goddesses at each show. In this photo shoot ode, our beauty team sets the stage with sombre velvets, beading, lace.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Enter to win a Philosophy holiday collection prize pack!
- Best beauty tricks: 9 ways to take your skincare and makeup routine to the next level
- Nicola Formichetti’s Diesel: The new artistic director talks fashion fantasy, social media and denim revolution
- Oscar de la Renta launches a second collaboration with The Outnet
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Enter to win a pair of Strategia boots from The September!