Lena Dunham and Zooey Deschanel are no longer nail art BFFs (But Zooey’s Emmys manicure is still adorable!)
Despite Lena Dunham and Zooey Deschanel talking and tweeting about coordinating their nail art for the 2012 Emmys, it seems the two didn’t actually follow through with their matching manicure plans. Even though Lena Dunham kept her Emmy awards nails simple, she did stay on trend with her colour choice, opting for Deborah Lippmann’s natual-looking “Fashion” nail polish. The taupe shade complemented her Prada gown and kept the focus on her makeup. And we have to say: Lena Dunham does a dramatic blue smoky eye well. (It’s very Chanel Couture Spring 2012, no?)
Zooey Deschanel did, however, show up on the red carpet with an impressive sparkly nail art design, complete with glittering mini TVs on her thumbs and Swarovski crystals overtop a pale orange polish across all other fingers. The manicure was courtesy L’Oreal Paris’ Tom Bachik, who also did the nails for other Emmys attendees like Heidi Klum and Ashley Judd. But one question remains: now that she’s done tuxedos and TVs, what sort of miniaturized nail art will Zooey Deschanel try next?
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- What’s in your bag, Song of Style’s Aimee Song?
- Holiday happy hour: 5 stylish cocktails to try this season
- Inside Chanel’s Dallas Métiers d’Art extravaganza: Kristen Stewart, cowboy hats, vintage convertibles and more!
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Enter to win a T3 blow dryer and flatiron!
- Perfect party dresses under $100: 50 budget-friendly getups to take you through holiday season