Get ready to say hello to two faces that you will be seeing a lot of in the coming months. Cover Girl has announced a new addition to their ever-growing list of spokesmodels and this time it’s a two-fer: Australian DJ sister duo Nervo has just been signed to represent the global beauty brand in promotional and digital campaigns.
With this announcement, it seems that Cover Girl is making a calculated move away from adding well-known faces to their roster and instead focusing on up-and-coming talent. The Nervo girls may not have the same name recognition as the brand’s other ambassadors (which includes Taylor Swift, Queen Latifah and Sofia Vergara, to name a few) but that’s likely about to change. Aside from releasing their own music, Nervo has worked with top talent like Miley Cyrus, Kylie Minogue and The Pussycat Dolls and they have a DJ residency in Las Vegas. Nervo also toured with Britney Spears and Nicki Minaj on the Femme Fatale tour.
It’s definitely an edgy choice for Cover Girl, and one we’re eager to watch unfold: Nervo’s first job will be to promote the launch of Cover Girl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss with—what else?—a series of nail art designs. Considering just how colourful the campaign’s first ad is, we can’t wait to see what Nervo nail art will look like.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Carte Blanche: Toronto fashion hits Miami in this all-white exclusive photo shoot
- Toronto sample sales: December 2013′s enviable list of local designer discounts and pop-ups
- Kate Middleton wears a glittering tiara for a lavish white-tie reception with the Queen
- Inside Frocktail Party 2013: Chic guests bidding on chic clothes for a cause
- Try this now: How to get peach-pink hair just like Sienna Miller