Fitting that she was at the premiere of a vampire movie last night, as Dakota Fanning’s new dark hair colour was right in theme.
The actress was in Los Angeles for the world premiere of The Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn: Part 2 and stunned fans as she walked down the red carpet with a new dark-brown hair colour.
However, the switch isn’t a personal preference. Dakota Fanning assured Yahoo! Movies that her new hair colour is for an upcoming role, saying, “…for the character I was playing I couldn’t be a blonde.” Fanning also said her choice of dress “was totally dependent on my hair colour” and the teal Elie Saab Couture gown definitely seemed to work in her favour. Fanning completed the look with a Ferragamo minaudière and Charlotte Olympia heels.
And as we know, good fashion genes seem to run in the family, as Dakota’s sister Elle Fanning was also on hand last night to support her sister. The younger Fanning (who is still blonde) stepped out on the Twilight red carpet in a look fresh from the Prada Spring 2013 runway. Despite their four-year age difference, if we squint at Dakota it’s quite easy to imagine Elle as a brunette as well—perhaps she should dye her hair too in sister solidarity?
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Spring 2014 Must Haves: 3 instant updates that will bring your wardrobe into next season
- FASHION Magazine April 2014 cover: Cobie Smulders
- Florals for all: Sarah Stevenson’s Target collection revealed!
- Awards show hair and makeup: The Beauty Panel recreates their favourite red carpet looks
- Nail trends to know now: Essie’s Rita Remark reveals the top polish colours for 2014