Lana Del Rey has become somewhat of a ’60s hairstyle chameleon. Whether it’s an oversized bouffant, tight curls or brushed-out waves the singer loves to experiment with her style—though always keeping it in the same decade. And now, Lana Dey Rey has added a dark-brown set of bangs to her look.
While promoting her newest album “Born To Die: The Paradise Edition” in London, the singer altered her perfectly coiffed waves with a new set of bangs, giving a Jane Birkin-esque vibe to her hairstyle. At first we thought they were a clip-in set, but the split in the middle proves that they are indeed authentic. (New bangs always annoyingly refuse to adjust their part.)
We’re curious if Lana Del Rey is taking style tips from a certain 22-year-old country singer. She and Taylor Swift were spotted becoming super pals at the MTV European Music Awards this past weekend. Swift’s ever-present fringe was paired with loose flowing curls and a smoky eye making her look one of the biggest standouts of the evening.
Some are saying that 2012 is the year of the bang and we can’t say that we disagree—we did call it as a fall trend, after all. Just last week Beyoncé debuted blunt bangs at a basketball game and Emma Stone recently showed off a revised take on long fringe. Both leading ladies wear the bangs well, but we’d have to say that Beyoncé truly pulls them off (as with most other things). Lana Del Rey, we’re eager to see how you style yours over the coming weeks.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Awards show hair and makeup: The Beauty Panel recreates their favourite red carpet looks
- Nail trends to know now: Essie’s Rita Remark reveals the top polish colours for 2014
- A Dozen Girls: Juergen Teller shoots Nicolas Ghesquière’s first collection for Louis Vuitton
- Street Style, Paris: 21 shots from outside the last day of fashion week
- Paris Fashion Week: The top 10 pieces you need to add to your shopping list for Fall 2014