Nicki Minaj’s first commercial for her Pink Friday fragrance proves, yet again, that she is more than your average human. The 30-second video (set to her song “Freedom” from the album Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded – The Re-Up) shows a clumsy Minaj pricking herself on a rose thorn and transforming into the fragrance bottle. It’s a little bit freaky, sultry and puzzling all at once.
Unlike most humans, Minaj bleeds pink instead of red and her blood has the ability to change roses’ colour from black to pink and to turn her body gold. It’s like she transforms from a vampire to a gold statue with pink hair right before our eyes.
The commercial goes from all black everything to all pink everything—including Nicki Minaj’s eye colour (which is kind of scary in a Twilight sort of way). The fragrance bottle’s design resembles a robotic Minaj with its gold-faced bodice, pink hair and Nicki Minaj nameplate necklace. Both the bottle and the commercial are out of this world (much like everything else the rapper does) and it seems that she’s sticking to the pink theme until the end of time.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Forget family heirlooms! Kate Middleton pairs a $40 Zara necklace with a Roland Mouret gown
- Introducing Gwen Stefani by OPI: From Swarovski nail art to a new mirror-finish polish, all the details on this collab
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Check out what you can win in our third annual holiday contest!
- Holiday makeup: 8 Beauty Panel tips on getting party-ready in a flash
- Best holiday nail art: 16 fun and festive tutorials that’ll make your nails shine