Holiday season is here, and with it comes an endless number of parties and social engagements—which also means an equally endless amount of time spent primping and prepping. But don’t fret, we’ve got you covered. Over the next two weeks we’ll be sharing holiday hair and makeup tutorials, complete with step-by-step, foolproof directions on how to get each look. Inspired by runway looks and red carpet styles alike, our holiday hair tutorials will ensure you look your best all season long. First up: the deep side part.
The deep side part is definitely having a red carpet moment—Kristen Stewart did it best at the Los Angeles premiere of Breaking Dawn Part 2 and other stars are taking note. A mix of Old Hollywood and modern style, the trick to keeping a deep side part under control is all in the twist: Instead of parting your hair and hoping for the best, this holiday hair tutorial shows you how to secure it back with a modified braid. Our step-by-step guide was developed in conjunction with Toronto-based hairstylist Margot Keith and takes all of the guess work out of making your hair holiday party-ready. (Even better, each of the styles in our series of holiday hair tutorials will work well beyond Christmas, Hanukkah and New Year’s Eve parties, so right-click save our handy one-page guide for future reference!) Ready to learn how to master the deep side part? Read on to see how this holiday hairstyle is done.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Awards show hair and makeup: The Beauty Panel recreates their favourite red carpet looks
- Nail trends to know now: Essie’s Rita Remark reveals the top polish colours for 2014
- A Dozen Girls: Juergen Teller shoots Nicolas Ghesquière’s first collection for Louis Vuitton
- Street Style, Paris: 21 shots from outside the last day of fashion week
- Paris Fashion Week: The top 10 pieces you need to add to your shopping list for Fall 2014