Holiday season is here, and with it comes an endless number of parties and social engagements—which also means an equally endless amount of time spent primping and prepping. But don’t fret, we’ve got you covered. Over the next two weeks we’ll be sharing holiday hair and makeup tutorials, complete with step-by-step, foolproof directions on how to get each look. Inspired by runway looks and red carpet styles alike, our holiday hair tutorials will ensure you look your best all season long. First up: the deep side part.
The deep side part is definitely having a red carpet moment—Kristen Stewart did it best at the Los Angeles premiere of Breaking Dawn Part 2 and other stars are taking note. A mix of Old Hollywood and modern style, the trick to keeping a deep side part under control is all in the twist: Instead of parting your hair and hoping for the best, this holiday hair tutorial shows you how to secure it back with a modified braid. Our step-by-step guide was developed in conjunction with Toronto-based hairstylist Margot Keith and takes all of the guess work out of making your hair holiday party-ready. (Even better, each of the styles in our series of holiday hair tutorials will work well beyond Christmas, Hanukkah and New Year’s Eve parties, so right-click save our handy one-page guide for future reference!) Ready to learn how to master the deep side part? Read on to see how this holiday hairstyle is done.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Forget family heirlooms! Kate Middleton pairs a $40 Zara necklace with a Roland Mouret gown
- Introducing Gwen Stefani by OPI: From Swarovski nail art to a new mirror-finish polish, all the details on this collab
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Check out what you can win in our third annual holiday contest!
- Holiday makeup: 8 Beauty Panel tips on getting party-ready in a flash
- Best holiday nail art: 16 fun and festive tutorials that’ll make your nails shine