Three, two, one, Happy New Year! 2013 is almost here and we’re asking: What are you doing on New Year’s Eve? Whether you consider it a night to go all out or prefer to keep celebrations more low key, it’s a holiday that deserves a little extra prep and primping. In order to help you look your best while counting down the final minutes of 2012 we’ve rounded up ten hair and makeup products that are essentials for New Year’s Eve—a roadmap for looking your best, if you will.
We have the best new glitter nail polish, a last-all-night lipstick and a curling iron that will keep your hair styled well into the beginning of 2013. Our beauty picks also include the best products to keep tucked in your purse, from a pocket-sized concealer to a makeup artist-approved method for refreshing your look between parties. (And if you’re looking for further inspiration for New Year’s Eve, may we suggest our holiday hair and makeup tutorials?) Even better, our beauty essentials are also helpful once the party has ended: from the absolute best way to remove your makeup while you’re crawling into bed to a next-day face mask you’ll love, we have you covered. The countdown to midnight is on: read on and get ready to start primping for 2013!
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Forget family heirlooms! Kate Middleton pairs a $40 Zara necklace with a Roland Mouret gown
- Introducing Gwen Stefani by OPI: From Swarovski nail art to a new mirror-finish polish, all the details on this collab
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Check out what you can win in our third annual holiday contest!
- Holiday makeup: 8 Beauty Panel tips on getting party-ready in a flash
- Best holiday nail art: 16 fun and festive tutorials that’ll make your nails shine