Right on the heels of the announcement that a Marc Jacobs makeup collection is coming, Lancôme revealed today that they have teamed with Lanvin creative director Alber Elbaz.
“Alber Elbaz is, without a doubt, one of the world’s most influential fashion designers. But beyond that, he is also the most talented” said Youcef S. Nabi, Lancôme president, via press release “ We are extremely proud and happy that, with us, he is set to channel his universe into the world of make-up for the very first time.”
While Lanvin is not involved in the Lancôme collaboration, we have no doubt that the collection will reflect the beautiful aesthetic that Elbaz has brought to the fashion house. As for now, few details about the collection are available, however there is a short animated film (created by Elbaz and Pascal Dangin) which seems to indicate that bright colours and playful graphics are on the horizon.
This is not Lancôme’s first fashion collaboration: The brand has previously teamed with L’Wren Scott and their Olympia Le-Tan collection will hit counters Valentine’s Day this year. As for the forthcoming Alber Elbaz collection, it’s scheduled to launch on June 15, 2013, though we’re hoping that more details—and animated films!—will be released before then. Are you excited?
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Forget family heirlooms! Kate Middleton pairs a $40 Zara necklace with a Roland Mouret gown
- Introducing Gwen Stefani by OPI: From Swarovski nail art to a new mirror-finish polish, all the details on this collab
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Check out what you can win in our third annual holiday contest!
- Holiday makeup: 8 Beauty Panel tips on getting party-ready in a flash
- Best holiday nail art: 16 fun and festive tutorials that’ll make your nails shine