Right on the heels of the announcement that a Marc Jacobs makeup collection is coming, Lancôme revealed today that they have teamed with Lanvin creative director Alber Elbaz.
“Alber Elbaz is, without a doubt, one of the world’s most influential fashion designers. But beyond that, he is also the most talented” said Youcef S. Nabi, Lancôme president, via press release “ We are extremely proud and happy that, with us, he is set to channel his universe into the world of make-up for the very first time.”
While Lanvin is not involved in the Lancôme collaboration, we have no doubt that the collection will reflect the beautiful aesthetic that Elbaz has brought to the fashion house. As for now, few details about the collection are available, however there is a short animated film (created by Elbaz and Pascal Dangin) which seems to indicate that bright colours and playful graphics are on the horizon.
This is not Lancôme’s first fashion collaboration: The brand has previously teamed with L’Wren Scott and their Olympia Le-Tan collection will hit counters Valentine’s Day this year. As for the forthcoming Alber Elbaz collection, it’s scheduled to launch on June 15, 2013, though we’re hoping that more details—and animated films!—will be released before then. Are you excited?
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Spring transition: 11 Style Panel tips for adding this season’s trends into your existing wardrobe
- This summer will be all about dark, vampy lipstick: Lorde is launching a makeup collab with M.A.C Cosmetics
- Behind the scenes with Evan McKie: Prepping for National Ballet’s Swan Lake
- Quelle surprise! Dior gains Peter Philips, Chanel’s former makeup director
- 3D printing, epigenetics and telomeres: 3 futuristic areas inspiring high-performance anti-aging skincare