Beauty Fix: How to skip your morning moisturizer application (even in the winter!) and more answers to your beauty questions
How can I make sure my skin is as moisturized as possible in this frigid weather?
The best defense against itchy, dry skin is a multi-step approach to hydration! First, as specified a few weeks ago, ditch the loofah and body wash and opt for a shea butter-based cleanser and an exfoliating body mitt to buff flakes away and reveal new skin, ready for the next dose of moisture in the form of a body conditioner. A body conditioner is exactly as it sounds: it’s a conditioner for your skin that you apply as you would conditioner to your hair. It sits on the skin for a few minutes to penetrate and is then rinsed off. One to try: Lush Ro’s Argan body conditioner ($33, lush.ca), which is loaded with Argan oil, almond oil and shea butter, among many other intensely moisturizing ingredients. Once you’re out of the shower, pat dry and enjoy the time-saving benefits of skin that’s already so hydrated, you probably won’t want to apply a moisturizer. (But for extra hydration, there’s no harm in slathering some on, too.)
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Spring 2014 Must Haves: 3 instant updates that will bring your wardrobe into next season
- FASHION Magazine April 2014 cover: Cobie Smulders
- Florals for all: Sarah Stevenson’s Target collection revealed!
- Awards show hair and makeup: The Beauty Panel recreates their favourite red carpet looks
- Nail trends to know now: Essie’s Rita Remark reveals the top polish colours for 2014