Arianne de Guzman
Toronto | Glitter Geek
As a girl with a natural tan, I used to shy away from wearing pastels on my face because they tend to wash me out. Recently I’ve started to incorporate pastels into my makeup through eyeliner. I love brighter pastels like turquoise because it works well for a variety of skin tones. ’60s makeup is something I’m obsessed with lately, so I was inspired by Michael Kors Spring 2013 runway look: a minimal face paired with banana liner. The look is fun and retro, but also totally wearable.
To get the look, I apply the eyeliner just slightly above the “hood” of my eyelid for a little peek of colour when my eyes are open. I softly highlight the top lash line with a matte white eyeliner. For the rest of the face, just add a creamy sheer bronzer to contour and a highlighter on the high planes of the face (tops of cheekbones, down the nose, above the lips and chin). Finish off with a sheer my-lips-but-better lipstick.
Products used: Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in “Turquoise,” Annabelle Kohl Eyeliner in “116 White,” Hourglass Illume Crème-To-Powder Bronzer Duo in “Sunset,” Jemma Kidd Dewy Glow All Over Radiance Creme in “Rose Gold”
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- This summer will be all about dark, vampy lipstick: Lorde is launching a makeup collab with M.A.C Cosmetics
- Behind the scenes with Evan McKie: Prepping for National Ballet’s Swan Lake
- Quelle surprise! Dior gains Peter Philips, Chanel’s former makeup director
- 3D printing, epigenetics and telomeres: 3 futuristic areas inspiring high-performance anti-aging skincare
- Why Normcore? One writer confronts the anti-fashion trend (and its sister #ActingBasic)