Toronto | Makeup By Tess
Pastel colours are definitely in right now! One way to wear this retro-inspired trend is to pair pastel with a neutral shade, whether you are wearing this colour on your eyes or on your nails. Toning down the pastel colour with a neutral colour is an excellent way to pull off this trend without looking like you are stuck in the 1980s!
My favourite pastel colour is mint green. One of the ways I like to wear it is by adding a hint of this colour to the tips of my nails. To make this look even more trendy, instead of creating a regular French tip, I create what I call a “chevron” French tip. I like to pair the mint green with a sandy beige base colour so it’s easy to wear with any outfit.
Products used: Pro FX Complete 3 Top Coat, Base Coat and Nail Strengthener, L’Oréal Nail Polish in “Walk on the Beach,” Essie Nail Polish in “Mint Candy Apple”
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- 3D printing, epigenetics and telomeres: 3 futuristic areas inspiring high-performance anti-aging skincare
- Why Normcore? One writer confronts the anti-fashion trend (and its sister #ActingBasic)
- Canadian Screen Awards 2014: Our top 5 best dressed on the red carpet
- Instant Karma: Thomas Sabo takes destiny for a spin with Georgia May Jagger as the fact of its latest collection
- Spring 2014 Must Haves: 3 instant updates that will bring your wardrobe into next season