Toronto | Liner and Glitter and Gloss, Oh My!
Pastel shades don’t make their way into my makeup bag too often, but when they do I fully embrace them. This summer, baby blues seem to be my shade of choice. On the eyes, I like to keep it simple. I’ll do a quick wash on the lid with a pastel blue, then add a bit of contouring and a little liner with a darker blue shade before finishing off with mascara. I really like to swipe a coat of mascara on my bottom lashes to give my eyes a bit of a mod look as I think it goes perfectly with the pale blue.
For my nails, I am really loving pastel shades—I like to start off with a coat or two of a pastel before jazzing it up a little with some polka dots, lines or zig zags. White is the perfect shade to complement any pastel and is great for adding an accent. I’m also loving a matte top coat on top of a pastel polish—I find that it adds the perfect softness to go with these girly shades.
Products used: Dior 5 Couleurs Couture Colour Eyeshadow Palette in “Blue Lagoon,” Maybelline The Falsies Big Eyes Mascara, Bourjois So Laque Glossy Nail Enamel in “Adora-bleu,” Nina Ultra Pro Nail Lacquer in “French White,” L’Oreal Paris Top Coat Matte
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Spring 2014 Must Haves: 3 instant updates that will bring your wardrobe into next season
- FASHION Magazine April 2014 cover: Cobie Smulders
- Florals for all: Sarah Stevenson’s Target collection revealed!
- Awards show hair and makeup: The Beauty Panel recreates their favourite red carpet looks
- Nail trends to know now: Essie’s Rita Remark reveals the top polish colours for 2014