Vancouver | Alison*Elle
One of my favourite ways to wear pastels is on my nails—especially where fun nail art is involved! Creating these pastel roses is super easy, and you can even mix things up a bit by adding a different accent nail (or two). Here, I decided to go for some glittery stripes on my thumb and ring finger.
1. Paint on your base colour and let dry.
2. To create the roses, dab your base rose colour in roundish shapes randomly on each nail.
3. Add your rose highlight colour to the roses to create some dimension. This colour can be white or simply a lighter shade of pink, like what I’ve used.
4. Add leaves to the side of each rose.
5. Paint on stripes if you decide to have an accent nail.
Products used: Essie in “Using My Maiden Name,” Essie in “My Better Half,” Avon Nail Art Enamel in “Cupid,” Avon Nail Art Enamel in “Styled Green,” Kiss Nail Art Paint in “Silver Glitter”
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Best beauty tricks: 9 ways to take your skincare and makeup routine to the next level
- Nicola Formichetti’s Diesel: The new artistic director talks fashion fantasy, social media and denim revolution
- Oscar de la Renta launches a second collaboration with The Outnet
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Enter to win a pair of Strategia boots from The September!
- What’s in your bag, Song of Style’s Aimee Song?