Here’s some Friday morning fun for you! The show that brought us One Direction and the country that gave us the Spice Girls have pretty much done it again: Little Mix is a new girl group that formed on the UK’s X Factor in 2011. If you’ve been missing the upbeat pop music and feisty lyrics that dominated the charts in the late ’90s, it’s time to give Little Mix a listen. (The video for “How Ya Doing” could easily be mistaken for a Destiny’s Child song and makes us want to dye our hair bright colours ASAP.) The four-girl group not only won X Factor, they launched a debut album, DNA, that dominated the charts in Britain—which is why they’re now in North America to do the same.
And because any girl group worth their salt is all about individual style coming together in one sassy package, Little Mix has created a custom nail art tutorial with Toronto’s Pinky’s Nails. Each girl—Jesy Nelson, Perrie Edwards, Leigh-Anne Pinncok and Jade Thirlwall—is represented by a different graphic shape that looks impressive but is totally easy to duplicate. Watch the full video below and if you’re craving more Little Mix once it’s done, get to know the group on their Facebook page.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Check out what you can win in our third annual holiday contest!
- Holiday makeup: 8 Beauty Panel tips on getting party-ready in a flash
- Best holiday nail art: 16 fun and festive tutorials that’ll make your nails shine
- Carte Blanche: Toronto fashion hits Miami in this all-white exclusive photo shoot
- Toronto sample sales: December 2013′s enviable list of local designer discounts and pop-ups