Sephora + Pantone Universe Radiant Orchid: From lipstick to nail polish to blush, purple is the colour of 2014
Last week Pantone announced Radiant Orchid as the official colour of 2014, putting an end to the reign of 2013′s Emerald. While we may take a few more months to say goodbye to our favourite statement-making pair of green pants, when it comes to beauty, we’re more than happy to usher in a colour that is so very versatile.
Think about it: from nail polish to lipstick, eyeshadow to blush, Radiant Orchid is an ideal shade—and one that wears well on all skin tones. Of course, Pantone is one step ahead of us, releasing the details today for their forthcoming cosmetics collection with Sephora. The ten-piece capsule collection (comprised of nine individual products and one impressive six-piece collectors set) plays up Radiant Orchid in a variety of finishes, from metallic-infused powder pigments to matte lipsticks and liners. Much like last year’s Emerald collection, the makeup is made up of a range of shades, from nearly-naked pinks to deep purples, as well as an assortment of complementary colours. And, in taking the colour’s name one step further, a number of the product include nourishing orchid essence. How luxe!
Ready to embrace this vibrant shade? You’ll have to wait a few more months—the Sephora + Pantone Universe Radiant Orchid doesn’t hit shelves (both IRL and online) until March 2014.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Who is Cressida Bonas? A guide to Prince Harry’s girlfriend’s boho style
- Inside the Canadian Stage Theatre Ball: 17 photos of stylish attendees dancing the night away
- Gucci’s spring fringe bag cements its It status on the backs of 6 ultra-cool DJs
- Beauty Fix: A super easy way to remove glitter nail polish, a fresh fragrance for spring and more
- Spring transition: 11 Style Panel tips for adding this season’s trends into your existing wardrobe