French hairstyling legend Odile Gilbert crafted a twist (ha!) on the traditional bun at today’s Jason Wu show. (Our own Lesa Hannah was backstage at Wu’s show today and we’re told she has video. Stay tuned! UPDATE: Here it is!) Gilbert wrapped the models’ ponytails with stretchy cord to create a slightly wobbly look and then twisted them up to create a “flat chignon.” It’s soft and pretty, with a slight wonk to it, which we love. Bonus: It looks pretty simple to recreate at home.
Click the images below to see backstage shots from the Jason Wu show.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- What’s in your bag, Song of Style’s Aimee Song?
- Holiday happy hour: 5 stylish cocktails to try this season
- Inside Chanel’s Dallas Métiers d’Art extravaganza: Kristen Stewart, cowboy hats, vintage convertibles and more!
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Enter to win a T3 blow dryer and flatiron!
- Perfect party dresses under $100: 50 budget-friendly getups to take you through holiday season