French hairstyling legend Odile Gilbert crafted a twist (ha!) on the traditional bun at today’s Jason Wu show. (Our own Lesa Hannah was backstage at Wu’s show today and we’re told she has video. Stay tuned! UPDATE: Here it is!) Gilbert wrapped the models’ ponytails with stretchy cord to create a slightly wobbly look and then twisted them up to create a “flat chignon.” It’s soft and pretty, with a slight wonk to it, which we love. Bonus: It looks pretty simple to recreate at home.
Click the images below to see backstage shots from the Jason Wu show.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Awards show hair and makeup: The Beauty Panel recreates their favourite red carpet looks
- Nail trends to know now: Essie’s Rita Remark reveals the top polish colours for 2014
- A Dozen Girls: Juergen Teller shoots Nicolas Ghesquière’s first collection for Louis Vuitton
- Street Style, Paris: 21 shots from outside the last day of fashion week
- Paris Fashion Week: The top 10 pieces you need to add to your shopping list for Fall 2014