Makeup inspiration at Isabel Marant Fall 2013:
“I wanted to create a makeup look that was both feminist and boyish. The focus is on the brows, which are effortless but controlled—full, with volume, almost masculine. Makeup on the face is very light, very sheer, like a veil, while the lips are simple, natural and nude.” – Tom Pecheux, creative makeup director for Estée Lauder
Get the look:
– Models’ faces were prepped with a cocktail of anti-aging serums and creams, including Estée Lauder Revitalizing Supreme Global Anti-Aging Crème and Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex. These helped to smooth out the surface of the skin and added a much-needed dose of hydration. Skin was then kept fresh and clean with just a sheer layer of Estée Lauder foundation and concealer where needed.
– The main focus of the Isabel Marant Fall 2013 look is the “almost masculine” brow. This came courtesy of the Estée Lauder Artist Brow Pencil/Double Groomer which Pecheux brushed through models’ brows to make them slightly fuller and add extra definition.
– To give light countour to the eye, a beige eyeshadow was brushed over the lids. For an added bit of sparkle, silver eyeliner was applied along the lash line. And while a lash curler was used to give a soft definition to the eye, no mascara was used.
– Last, but not least, the nails: Estée Lauder nail technician Christina Conrad used a light, neutral nail polish named “Ballerina Pink” to bring together the overall feminine and natural look.
Key Estée Lauder products used:
– Pure Color Blush in “Sensuous Rose”
– Pure Color Blush in “Blushing Nude”
– Pure Color Instant Intense Eyeshadow Trio in “Smoked Chrome” (launching August 2013)
– Pure Color EyeShadow Duo in “Vanilla Pods”
– Artist Brow Pencil/Double Groomer
– Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick in “Vanilla Truffle”
– Pure Color Vivid Shine Lipstick in “Gilded Honey” (launching August 2013)
– Pure Color Nail Lacquer in “Ballerina Pink”