New York Fashion Week backstage beauty: 57 pictures of the best manicures and nail art from the Spring 2014 shows
The nails at New York Fashion Week were right in tune with the ’90s minimalism style we saw on the Spring 2014 runways. Sheer is in, colour is out and the nail art trend seems to be winding down. The bare and buffed nails of last spring are still going strong for 2014, with designers like Altuzarra, Alexander Wang and Jeremy Laing opting for pale shades of pink, lavender or beige instead of punchy pastels and neon brights.
Also sticking around is the French manicure. The popular look made its mark during Spring 2013 and continues to be a favourite. While Joie went for the traditional white French tip, Kate Spade played it off with exaggerated almond-shaped white nails, featuring red and grey French tips. And Holmes & Yang kept it cool with a half-swipe of navy-blue at the end of short and otherwise bare nails.
Moon manicures are making a comeback for Spring 2014, with Lela Rose and Milly both using painted moons as the perfect pop of colour against a neutral nail canvas. And for those who like to be a little bit more adventurous with their manicures—there’s still plenty of nail art to keep you inspired. From Band of Outsiders’ whiteout nails to Rebecca Minkoff’s cute punk-inspired nail art, read on for a look at the best nail looks from the New York Fashion Week Spring 2014 shows.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Enter to win a $250 gift card from Victoria’s Secret!
- Sephora + Pantone Universe Radiant Orchid: From lipstick to nail polish to blush, purple is the colour of 2014
- Anna Kendrick vs. Nina Dobrev: Who wore Elie Saab best on the red carpet?
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Enter now to win a luxe gift bundle from Holt Renfrew!
- Forget family heirlooms! Kate Middleton pairs a $40 Zara necklace with a Roland Mouret gown