My lips are so dry and cracked it hurts to smile! What’s an effective and fast way to moisturize?
Lips are made of skin that doesn’t produce its own oil, so they’re susceptible to dryness to begin with, but a change in climate, a super-spicy meal, or a general deficiency in vitamins will lead to chapping and horribly painful cracks. Cease use of products that taste like candy (in other words, stop licking your lips), and use a treatment like The Body Shop‘s Vitamin E Lip Care SPF 15 ($8, at The Body Shop). It has beeswax to condition cracks and seal moisture in, plus Vitamin E to smoothen rough surfaces and increase your lipstick-wearing feasibility.
In need of an afternoon beauty pick-me-up? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to photograph well: Makeup tips to ensure you look as spectacular in pictures as you do in-person
- Marion Cotillard vs. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: Who wore the little white dress best at Cannes?
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 10 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue