This Halloween I’d rather focus my costume on makeup than some faux-plastic getup. Have any suggestions?
You can create a pretty scary zombie with fake blood and wet toilet paper, or you can morph into a feminine green fairy (like Kylie Minogue in Moulin Rouge) using an emerald shadow on your eyes and in your hair. Choose a product that’s really high-pigment, like Make Up For Ever‘s Aqua Cream #22 ($25, sephora.com) to layer densely around your eyes or blend more transparently on your cheekbones and around your ears. After spraying your hair with a leave-in conditioner, use the same colour to streak your hair like an elfin pixie or a high-fashion witch—whichever you wish.
In need of an afternoon beauty pick-me-up? Email us at email@example.com.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- What to wear on holiday: 41 shopping must-haves for the summer’s most stylish events
- Kate Middleton (and royal baby bump) shine in yellow Emilia Wickstead at the Queen’s garden party
- What to wear to a wedding: 5 street style-inspired outfits and tips for every summer occasion
- J.Crew Vancouver: Go inside the Pacific Centre’s new women’s-only location
- Jessica Chastain vs. Milla Jovovich: Who wore it best on the Cleopatra red carpet at Cannes?