Though she has yet to be styled in a fairytale ensemble for an episode of Once Upon A Time, Jennifer Morrison delivered a very medieval-come-modern look on her own at this weekend’s The Muppets movie premiere. The braided style is undoubtedly inspired by Valentino’s Spring 2012 runway, though Morrison’s version is not nearly as complicated. It’s actually unfair for us to position them side-by-side, because it’s hard for anyone, actress or not, to trump the perfect ethereal beauty of the Valentino braid.
However, Morrison’s version does translate the high-maintenance runway look (there’s no way you can DIY Valentino without a set or two of extra hands) into a more approachable at-home updo. It’s a basic French braid along the crown of your head that begins a few inches behind one of your ears. And the wispier the better! Our first instinct is “perfect for parties!” but with a bit of practice, this braid is a good way to shake up your usual Monday-to-Friday hair routine.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Dannijo launches a stunning six-piece collection to celebrate its 5th anniversary
- Best beauty apps: From cataloguing your nail polish to keeping you safe in the sun, 5 to download now
- Max Mara names a coat after Kate Middleton
- How to wear overalls: 5 Style Panel tips for taking this nineties staple from farmer to high-fashion
- Tom Ford’s Fall 2013 Ad Campaign is out and it is fierce