We’ve certainly seen actors embrace the characters they play while a film is in production, but Rooney Mara seems to be holding on to her Lisbeth Salander style long after David Fincher called “Cut!” on The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. True, blunt-cut bangs take a long time to grow out, and Mara is wise to keep her hair black if she’s soon due on set for the sequel. But paired with that deep-purple lipstick and stark neutral eye—it’s seems Mara’s not ready to give up Salander’s gothic-grunge look.
Fortunately, Mara’s once-demure style shines through, making her aesthetic appear very modern and not at all like the gothic glamfest that other bright-eyed beauties (Evan Rachel Wood, we’re talking to you!) are fond of.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to photograph well: Makeup tips to ensure you look as spectacular in pictures as you do in-person
- Marion Cotillard vs. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: Who wore the little white dress best at Cannes?
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 10 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue