Afternoon beauty fix: Shower in the evening? Say goodbye to disheveled, slept-in hair with this trick
What’s the best way to fix my disheveled hair in the morning, without having to shower, wet it down, and style again?
Showering at night to score a few extra minutes of sleep the next morning may be at the expense of a perfect blow-out—but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. If you’ve ever gone to a salon to get your hair done, you may recall the stylist requesting you shower the day before—not the day of—for better control over slippery strands. Same goes for you and hurried mornings before work. Rather than “faking” a fresh ‘do in the morn, saturate your sleepy strands in a hair health–inducing treatment, like Matrix Sleek Silk Wonder Smoothing Oil ($10, matrixcanada.ca). Not only will it make your hair healthy, strong, and shiny, it will make it extremely easy to manage, so you can quickly pull it into a stylish topknot or slightly disheveled French braid.
In need of an afternoon beauty pick-me-up? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Kate Middleton (and royal baby bump) shine in yellow Emilia Wickstead at the Queen’s garden party
- What to wear to a wedding: 5 street style-inspired outfits and tips for every summer occasion
- J.Crew Vancouver: Go inside the Pacific Centre’s new women’s-only location
- Jessica Chastain vs. Milla Jovovich: Who wore it best on the Cleopatra red carpet at Cannes?
- Joe Fresh Fall 2013 look book: 38 items that are just as stylish as they are covetable