We must be very used to seeing Katy Perry and Nicki Minaj in outlandish outfits on the red carpet, because we totally missed the fact that they had almost identical hair and makeup at the American Music Awards. (And pink hair is usually easy to spot!) While most people live by the beauty rule of wearing either a bold eye or bold lip, Perry and Minaj love making a statement with hits of bright colour on both. Thing is, when you’re an international pop star, it totally works.
But, for the rest of us, it’s a little harder to pull off the “heavy-handed cat eye and bright lips” combo. If you’re going to try it, do so when it’s event appropriate: meaning, not for dinner at your boyfriend’s parents’ house, or when you’re chatting up the boss at your office holiday party. Instead, break this style out when you’re going to be around Minaj and Perry types—that is, at a crazy concert or one of those parties that just seems to last all night long.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to photograph well: Makeup tips to ensure you look as spectacular in pictures as you do in-person
- Marion Cotillard vs. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: Who wore the little white dress best at Cannes?
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 10 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue