Get the look! We have the secrets behind Lea Michele, Emma Stone, Kristen Wiig, and Zooey Deschanel’s hair and makeup from the Golden Globes red carpet!
One glance at Zooey Deschanel’s Golden Globe manicure will tell you that she likes to have fun with her style. Makeup artist Jorjee Douglass got the inspiration for this ‘60s look from the British TV show The Avengers—and Deschanel played the part well. Of her eye makeup, Douglass says: “I kept the mod inspiration on the eyes, creating a cat-eye shape. I used Rimmel London’s Glam Eyes professional liquid liner ($8 at drug stores) on the top of the lid and a feathered line on the bottom. I topped the liner with Rimmel London Glam Eyes HD quad eyeshadow ($8 at drug stores) in “Black Cab” and “English Rose” for a soft smoky eye.” With so much focus on Deschanel’s eyes, it was important to keep the rest of her makeup very minimal: her lipstick of choice was Rimmel London Lasting Finish Intense Wear lipstick in “Nude Pink” ($6 at drug stores).
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- What to wear to a wedding: 5 street style-inspired outfits and tips for every summer occasion
- J.Crew Vancouver: Go inside the Pacific Centre’s new women’s-only location
- Jessica Chastain vs. Milla Jovovich: Who wore it best on the Cleopatra red carpet at Cannes?
- Joe Fresh Fall 2013 look book: 38 items that are just as stylish as they are covetable
- How to dress for a wedding: 13 Style Panel Tips for being the best dressed guest this summer