That blue makeup you invested in during the fall? It’s about to get a lot more mileage. From eyes to nails, everything was as blue as the sky at Chanel’s haute couture show today. (Not to mention the show itself: guests boarded “Chanel Air”—a set staged to look like they were flying in a custom luxury jet.)
While we wait for confirmation on the products used backstage, let’s discuss two things:
1. Shimmering blue nail polish! Our first instinct was that it’s a new lacquer—a blue version of the pearl white from Spring 2012, perhaps? But it also looks very close to “Coco Blue” from the limited edition Les Jeans de Chanel collection for Fashion’s Night Out. It could even be a resurgence of 2010’s “Riva.” Our fingers are obviously crossed in hope that it’s not a repeat.
2. The eyeliner/eyeshadow technique. The shape is built up from under the eye, with the flick actually extending out from the lower lash line instead of the upper. This technique has popped up across both runways and red carpets recently but now Chanel has cemented it as one to watch. (And try!) Could Emma Stone’s makeup from the Critics’ Choice Awards be any more of the moment?
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- What’s in your bag, Beckerman sisters?
- Sneak a peek at the Joe Fresh makeup collection for Fall 2013: 34 beauty products that won’t break your budget
- Alexander McQueen is returning to the beauty world with a new fragrance collection
- Luminato 2013: Marina Abramović, Willem Dafoe, Rufus Wainwright and a giant claw arcade game at opening night
- Dominico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana found guilty of tax evasion