Ah, the French manicure. Is there a beauty technique that’s more divisive? While there’s no denying that when done well and in moderation it’s a flattering look, its reputation has been tarnished by aggressive acrylics and—shudder—the growing popularity of French pedicures. So bring on the reinvention! This week we’re exploring new approaches to painting the tips of your nails. By changing up the colour and the shape, you’ll still achieve the optical illusion of longer nails—without the dated look of a conventional French mani.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 9 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue
- What to wear on holiday: 41 shopping must-haves for the summer’s most stylish events
- Kate Middleton (and royal baby bump) shine in yellow Emilia Wickstead at the Queen’s garden party