I don’t like to wear much makeup but it’s been hinted to me that I look tired. What can I wear to perk up my face without compromising my natural self?
“No makeup” makeup was a major trend on the Spring runways: Proenza Schouler, Chloé, and Burberry Prorsum all had it, to just name a few. A clean face is the most natural looking, though entirely nude isn’t necessarily the most flattering (or professional!) look for work or an evening out. We love the clean, dewy skin that makeup artist Pat McGrath created for Stella McCartney and it only takes three products to recreate. Eliminate discolouration in your skin tone with a tinted moisturizer like Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer SPF 20 Illuminating ($42, at Sephora), which will lighten up your skin with a sheer finish. Then, use your fingers to press a cream blush in your cheeks so it looks like they were blushing on their own. A soft hue, such as Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Sheerest cream blush in “Bloom” ($6, at drugstores), will keep the look especially subdued. Then, finish it off with just one coat of mascara. Black can tend to appear harsh or false, so choose a brown or burgundy shade and you’ll look as naturally polished as possible.
In need of an afternoon beauty pick-me-up? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to dress for a wedding: 13 Style Panel Tips for being the best dressed guest this summer
- Cannes 2013 red carpet beauty: The scoop on Aishwarya Rai’s hair, Marion Cotillard’s mascara and more
- Beauty Fix: Say goodbye to stretch marks, the best bronzer for darker skin tones and more answers to your beauty questions
- Cannes 2013: Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Watson, Nicole Kidman and more top our best Cannes red carpet looks
- Bouffant hair tutorial: How to add some Lana Del Rey-approved volume to your look