The skin on my face has been looking rather “blah” lately—what can I do to brighten things up?
Nothing like the tail end of winter to really make us feel—and see!—what months of grey skies and flip-flopping weather does to our skin. Instead of having a dewy glow from an afternoon of bicycling through the city, indoor hibernation makes us prone to getting pillow-marked cheeks. Thankfully, there are numerous ways to refresh a tired complexion, and it comes down to two goals: texture (goodbye puffiness!) and tone (bring on the glow!). Give your face a boost with an at-home treatment, like Rodial’s 5 Minute Facial ($45, at the Bay). This mask uses vegetable-derived collagen to stimulate your skin’s own, which will firm everything up and smooth out any fine lines or wrinkles. And while it will also help brighten your skin’s tone, a new blush will double the effort. Chanel’s just-released Knightsbridge collection includes Poudre Tisseé in “Brompton Road” ($70, at Holt Renfrew), a shimmering-pink highlighter-and-blush duo. It’s almost too pretty to use, but a few sweeps across your cheeks will certainly hide any pillow creases while giving your skin a cheery disposition.
In need of an afternoon beauty pick-me-up? Email us at email@example.com.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to photograph well: Makeup tips to ensure you look as spectacular in pictures as you do in-person
- Marion Cotillard vs. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: Who wore the little white dress best at Cannes?
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 10 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue