Elections are big business across the border, meaning that the rich and famous are quick to publicly support their choice candidates. But when you’re Barack Obama, you get some pretty fashionable names—one look at Obama’s fundraising shop and you’d think that American political merch was the latest H&M or Target collaboration! Jason Wu, Prabal Gurung, Marc Jacobs and Alexander Wang are just a few of the many designers who have created official custom campaign items, from printed sweaters to tote bags to…nail polish?
That’s right: Obama’s right on trend with the nail polish craze, offering a set of three colours for $40. The polishes were designed by Richard Blanch of Le Métier de Beauté, and come in (what else?) red, white and blue. Our favourite is “Bo Blue,” described as a shimmering sapphire shade and named for the Obama family’s Portuguese Water Dog. Election-inspired nail art can’t be far behind.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Eva Longoria vs. Rooney Mara: Who wore it best on day 3 of the Cannes Film Festival?
- Topshop has launched a music festival style collection with Kate Bosworth: See all 21 Topshop Festival items now
- Rooney Mara is the face of Calvin Klein’s newest fragrance, Downtown Calvin Klein
- Lana Del Rey’s full FASHION Magazine Cover Shoot
- Summer 2013: Table of contents