January Jones and Amber Heard brought the va-va-volume to the Metropolitan Opera last night for the gala premiere of Jules Massenet‘s Manon. Both had their honey blonde hair styled in a Jessica Rabbit–worthy flip—though Jones’ look had retro appeal while Heard’s updo was a much more modern affair.
On Jones, the loose curly bob was a mix of Old Hollywood and Betty Draper-the-morning-after: brushed out enough to relax the waves while still keeping bounce and shape. An unexpected hit of purple eyeshadow paired with bright pink lips prevented Jones from merging completely with her Mad Men persona—Betty would never wear such bold colours!
But, if we were making bets on which actress would catch Don Draper’s eye, it would have to be Heard. (We dare you to find a red carpet where she doesn’t look flawless!) She’s a fan of Old Hollywood style—this makeup is right in line with previous bombshell-inspired looks—however, her slicked-back updo makes the coral red lips look very of-the-moment.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to photograph well: Makeup tips to ensure you look as spectacular in pictures as you do in-person
- Marion Cotillard vs. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: Who wore the little white dress best at Cannes?
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 10 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue