We’re totally obsessed with Canada’s newest singing sensation Carly Rae Jepsen, and she certainly proved her it girl–worth at Sunday night’s Juno Awards. Jepsen’s shimmering, smoky makeup let her play the part of pop princess (can’t you picture her soon-to-be-BFF Selena Gomez in this makeup?) without betraying her age—she is 27, after all!
M.A.C Cosmetics’ senior artist Melissa Gibson used a trio of eyeshadows to build out this shimmering look, starting with “Silver Ring” and “Tilt,” a deep teal-blue, on Jepsen’s lids. She then applied the almost-pewter shade “Print” to the crease and “Carbon” on the outer lid for added depth. Blacktrack Fluidline eyeliner was applied to the top lashline, while a sweep of “Silver Ring” along the lower lashline gave it a smoky finish. Because the eyes were so strong, the rest of Jepsen’s look was appropriately neutral: her cheeks were defined with “Sculpt” from the Sculpt and Shape duo palette and the barely there lip colour was compliments of M.A.C’s lipstick in “Hue.”
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Eva Longoria vs. Rooney Mara: Who wore it best on day 3 of the Cannes Film Festival?
- Topshop has launched a music festival style collection with Kate Bosworth: See all 21 Topshop Festival items now
- Rooney Mara is the face of Calvin Klein’s newest fragrance, Downtown Calvin Klein
- Lana Del Rey’s full FASHION Magazine Cover Shoot
- Summer 2013: Table of contents