“I love that even though she’s a blonde, she really went for the darkest black. It’s all black—boom, boom, boom,” Dubroff says of Bardot’s bombshell cat-eye, which necessitates a strong scrawl above and below the eyelashes and on the inner rims. “You have to use [false] lashes here as well,” Brooke says.
“I would definitely go with a pencil here,” Brooke says, pointing out that the line should get thicker at the top before the upper and lower strokes are joined together. “She lined the inner rims in black as well,” Dubroff says. “When I do this look for the red carpet, I give my clients a pencil to take with them to keep applying along the inner rim.” She suggests duplicating this technique and then smudging it a little bit before adding some concealer under the eyes to “catch any fallout.” One last mandate: “Pile on the mascara.”
Shown: L’Oréal Paris Extra Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner ($11, at drugstores) in “Carbon Black”; Urban Decay 24/7 glide-on eye pencil ($23, at Sephora) in “Perversion”; Noir Long-Wear Eyeliner ($15, noircosmetics.com) in “Forever Noir”
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- What’s in your bag, Beckerman sisters?
- Sneak a peek at the Joe Fresh makeup collection for Fall 2013: 34 beauty products that won’t break your budget
- Alexander McQueen is returning to the beauty world with a new fragrance collection
- Luminato 2013: Marina Abramović, Willem Dafoe, Rufus Wainwright and a giant claw arcade game at opening night
- Dominico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana found guilty of tax evasion