“What I love about this look is that it defined her individuality,” Brooke says of the late singer’s thick, signature wings that extended upward, almost to the brow bone. “It’s character analysis,” says Dubroff. “I think before she did this makeup, she was just another singer. But then she did this and it created her character.”
While Brooke suggests drawing the wide, straight line with liquid liner, Dubroff is of the mind that cream liner and an angled brush are the way to go. “I would take a dense black cream that would dry and set,” she says. “I’d draw straight up and then take that wing and plump it up from the outer corner up toward the temple, building it about a half-inch thick.”
Shown from top: Lancôme Liner Design ($28, lancome.ca) in “Black Fishnets”; Gosh Long Lasting Eye Liner Pen ($15, at Shoppers Drug Mart) in “Carbon Black”
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Eva Longoria vs. Rooney Mara: Who wore it best on day 3 of the Cannes Film Festival?
- Topshop has launched a music festival style collection with Kate Bosworth: See all 21 Topshop Festival items now
- Rooney Mara is the face of Calvin Klein’s newest fragrance, Downtown Calvin Klein
- Lana Del Rey’s full FASHION Magazine Cover Shoot
- Summer 2013: Table of contents