Beauty Fix: The one product you need for a post-baby date night, kissable lip glosses and perfumes, and other makeup tricks for sexy times
My guy told me recently that when we’re kissing, he can taste perfume on my neck. What now?
Well, time for another lesson from the French: avoid your perfume on your skin! Way back when the grande dames in France were writing the manual on how to seduce men, it was popular to wear leather gloves soaked in perfume. Not only is that an incredibly chic thing to do, it also avoids the issue of perspiration altering a scent. But, since exposing the nape of your neck is a seductive action unto itself, I recommend a different French trick: wear a pretty fragrance in your hair. Try taking a “less is more” approach by sticking to a single-note fragrance, as opposed to a complex bouquet formula—those same French ladies demanded simple incense of vanilla, rose or lotus flower for their ability to seduce on a psychological level. Try an essential oil, like Primavera Rose Oil Turkish 10% ($30, saffronrouge.com), which has a bed of roses scent that’s said to be quite the aphrodisiac. Rub a little into the ends of your hair—its nourishing properties may even help repair split ends!—and as an added bonus, if your guy loves the scent it can double as a massage oil.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to photograph well: Makeup tips to ensure you look as spectacular in pictures as you do in-person
- Marion Cotillard vs. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: Who wore the little white dress best at Cannes?
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 10 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue