Considering how long it’s been popular, can black nail polish now be considered classic? Lauren Conrad brought it to the masses on many an episode of The Hills, it’s a common colour for starlets to wear on the red carpet, and almost every polish brand has one—or more!—black shades. While a dark manicure still stands out, a graphic design can give it even more power. This week, inspiration came from Chloé‘s Spring 2012 collection. I mixed stripes of black and white polish to create a slim design and left a sliver bare in the middle—just like the deep V-neck of the Chloé button-down.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to photograph well: Makeup tips to ensure you look as spectacular in pictures as you do in-person
- Marion Cotillard vs. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: Who wore the little white dress best at Cannes?
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 10 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue